Ray Aviation Scholarship Fund applicants will be the most engaged, excited, and motivated aspiring pilots the chapter has had the pleasure of meeting. It will be incumbent upon the chapter to vet local youths to help bring forward the most deserving candidate in their local area.
Local candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of age 15 for glider training.
- Age 16-19 for powered flight training.
- Possession of a student pilot certificate.
- Possession of FAA medical certificate. (private pilot students)
- Be able to begin their flight training within 60 days of receiving the award.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who are former Young Eagles, EAA student members, and actively participating in the EAA Flight Plan, specifically the Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course.
Once selected by the chapter, the youth will also be screened by EAA through an application process, which will require approval from the local chapter. If approved by EAA, the scholarship recipient will have to comply with the following requirements.
Partake in two hours of chapter volunteer
service per month, such as:
- Young Eagles rally volunteering.
- Pancake breakfast/fly-in volunteering.
- Chapter build project support.
- Chapter gathering participation.
- Submit regular progress reports, signed off by local chapter and CFI.
- Reach flight training milestones, as outlined by EAA’s training timeline.
Note: Funding is dependent upon completion of progress reports and meeting training milestones in a timely manner.
For more information about our scholarships, contact us at email@example.com